How Can I Save My House from Foreclosure in San Antonio
By Danny Johnson
- What to do if You are Facing Foreclosure
- Is there any Way I can Save my House from Foreclosure?
- What Options do I have to save my house from foreclosure?
- Talk to Your Lender
- File for bankruptcy
- Sell to a Cash Buyer
- Can Selling to a Cash Buyer Help Save my House from Foreclosure?
- Which is the best option for you?
🗂 Table of Contents
Foreclosure is a legal process that a lending institution or mortgage company obtains ownership of your home, in other words, a repossession of the property. There can be any number of reasons that cause the foreclosure process, as well as a few ways to avoid it. Your next question is likely How can I save my house from foreclosure? First, let’s look at why you may be facing it, and then, how to avoid foreclosure.
What to do if You are Facing Foreclosure
The most common reason people end up facing repossession is failing to make their mortgage payments on time. Foreclosure is the legal way the lender can get their money back. The problem is the result of the process is you will have to move out of your house. What’s worse, is you could end up still owing the mortgage company if the deficiency can’t be made up by the sale of the property.
Is there any Way I can Save my House from Foreclosure?
Your most obvious question is Can I save my house from foreclosure? And the answer is that there may be some ways of avoiding foreclosure. It will depend on if it is a non-judicial or a judicial foreclosure. These are the two ways lenders can use to take back possession of the house.
- Judicial Foreclosure: This involves the lender taking you to court before a judge. This process can take months, even years and can be costly.
- Non-judicial Foreclosure: This process doesn’t involve the court at all, but it can be more troublesome and more expensive than the other. You’ll still be out the expense of legal help, you’ll have to gather evidence and make a strong case for yourself.
There are some options you have before the process gets started. To answer your question, how can I save my house from foreclosure, let’s look at some of the steps to avoid the process entirely.
What Options do I have to save my house from foreclosure?
If you want to know how to stop foreclosure, there are several options available. Some are faster and easier than others, and some are difficult. Look through these choices, and decide which one is the best for your specific situation.
Talk to Your Lender
Depending on how far behind you actually are on your house, your lender may be able to help you. In some instances, they may be able to adjust the loan. They may be able to help in a number of ways, such as:
- Offer a repayment plan. You keep your house and loan, but make additional payments to pay off the past due amounts.
- Provide a forbearance. Sometimes, lenders offer a short forbearance where they allow you to get your account current.
- Offer a loan modification. Occasionally, lenders alter a mortgage so it runs for a longer period of time. You will ultimately pay the same amount or more in interest, but it can reduce your monthly payment.
File for bankruptcy
If your house is due to be sold in a short time, filing for bankruptcy might stop the sale. An automatic stay goes into effect when you file. However, if you are already in the process, a chapter 7 bankruptcy may not be enough to save your home. It will, however, give you some time to talk with your lender about possible options.
Sell to a Cash Buyer
An investor will offer you a cash price for your house. If you accept it, they will buy your house as-is for cash.
Can Selling to a Cash Buyer Help Save my House from Foreclosure?
The foreclosure process can be long and difficult. It can be hectic and discouraging. There can be some distinct advantages to selling your house for cash, especially those who are asking, Can I save my house from foreclosure? Here are the specific benefits you will enjoy.
- Quick – You don’t have to spend weeks wasting time, money and energy, worrying about the process. You’ll have your money in hand and the paperwork done quickly as well.
- No Need for a Real Estate Professional – A cash sell cuts out the middleman. You don’t have to worry about listing your house, or finding a real estate broker to help. You also do not have to use your money to pay off a real estate professional.
- No Hassles – you do not have to worry about the hassle of selling your house. Cash sales are immediate. You don’t have to list your property or wait for interested buyers to come look at it and then decide whether or not they want to purchase it.
- Fair Price – Cash home buyers will offer you a fair price for your property, even though you can still negotiate.
Which is the best option for you?
Each situation is different and has various elements. In very few instances, a lender may re-negotiate the terms of a loan. It’s always worth the try, but if you are already behind on your mortgage payments, it’s not likely. Bankruptcy might help a few people, but it will mar your credit for at least 7 years. For most people, selling to a cash buyer is the best option. It’s simple. It’s easy. It’s fast. And it’s done. They will offer you a fair price, you accept the offer and then they will take care of all the paperwork. There is far less worry involved, you have no expense and it’s done in a very short amount of time saving you the headache of suffering through the foreclosure process. We understand that facing foreclosure is a scary and stressful time for you. That's why we're here to answer any questions you might have about the foreclosure process. At Danny Buys Houses, we're here to help you. Ready to sell, or just have a question? Give us a call at (210) 881-7707. We'll give you a no obligations cash offer to help you stop foreclosure in its tracks!